The Director Business Development will be located in Westborough, MA and report to the Vice President of Business Development and Sales.
- The Director of Business Development will report to the VP of Business Development and Sales.
- The Director of Business Development will be responsible for all revenues generated through indirect channel partners and is responsible for creating and executing significant growth strategies to increase the overall revenue and profit contribution from channel partners to Aternity. This includes building relationships with ITOs, SIs, ISVs, VARs and APM Vendors.
- 50% travel required.
- Developing and executing a Corporate Channel Strategy to maximize indirect channel revenue by identifying, recruiting and enabling channel partners with expertise or value within focused vertical industries
- Partner development and management, strategy development, forecast reporting, and account management
- Complete go to market strategies as it relates to indirect selling through channel partners
- Creating distribution policies as it pertains to channel partners that include territory assignments, rights to distribute certain Aternity products, and margins for various Aternity products and services that partners are authorized to sell
- Developing and maintaining all contracts between Aternity and channel partners. Enforce Aternity distribution policies with channel partners
- Developing and maintaining financial and non-financial metrics to measure channel partner performance, including partner company financials, partner sales bookings, partner marketing capabilities, partner service capabilities, and partner management capabilities
- Recruiting and developing new channel partners based on market opportunities in various geographical, product, and market segments
- Developing and measuring quotas for the entire channel as well as each individual channel partner and Aternity management staff
- Fostering meaningful business relationships with Aternity channel partners to ensure successful business for both Aternity and channel partners
- Measuring and understanding channel partner business models including mix between Aternity software and services, as well as the mix between Aternity business and other partner’s lines of business
- Working in tandem with marketing to ensure lead distribution is timely and accurate based on distribution policies
- Developing and maintaining ongoing sales training programs to ensure channel partners are equipped with the appropriate product and sales training
- Working in conjunction with the direct sales teams to minimize conflict and ensure the right sales distribution entities are pursuing the appropriate customers. Manage forecasts from the entire channel that rollup into company wide sales forecasts on a quarterly basis
Must have experience:
- 10+ years, experience in enterprise software sales, with 5+ years, experience building a Partner network
- Building and managing a worldwide channel network including identifying, qualifying, and signing partners
- Maximizing channel revenue via CXO level partner
- Quarterly planning and training sessions, as well as, matrix managing the execution of the plan across Aternity’s direct sales organization, and sales engineering teams
- A thorough understanding of sales cycles/processes, and excellent presentation skills are required.
- Must have a proven track record of exceptional performance exceeding goals on a continuous basis and successful background in early stage technology companies a plus.
- A winning track record of selling complex, enterprise software solutions, through both direct and indirect channels, to senior executives at F1000 enterprises
- Majority of previous experience selling System Management / Software Platforms and Tools with an average sale price of at least $250K
-- Sufficient technology experience / background to understand Aternity’s technology value proposition, architecture and deployment models and map Aternity’s solution to customers’ needs
-- Deep technical and business understanding of Application Performance Management or other IT Infrastructure Management space a major advantage
- Excellent consultative and competitive sales skills that leverage both strong process and relationship-driven techniques
- Proven ability to penetrate, build and nourish meaningful, long term relationships with senior executives and other key stakeholders within the enterprise
- A strong personal contributor with an entrepreneurial spirit and mature sales execution capabilities and experience
Background and Characteristics:
- Articulate and persuasive communicator (written and spoken)
- Strong presence and personality resulting in the ability to build trust and respect quickly
- Proven track record of exceptional performance exceeding goals on a continuous basis
- Prove ability to negotiate win-win Partner Agreements
- Prior experience and successful track record with early stage technology companies a plus
- Detailed oriented “multi-tasker” with strong Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
-- Highly attentive to details (many, many details)
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Engineering disciplines
-- MBA a plus