Customer experience is a critical factor in deciding whether a company can sustain its growth long-term. An excellent customer experience inspires customers to think of your brand as the best in its class. While customer experience overall represents the collective interactions that a customer or prospect has with your business throughout the entire customer journey, from pre-purchase to post-purchase customer service and customer support, a single negative experience at any touchpoint can turn a customer away for good.
As with most business processes, managing and improving the customer experience has seen countless innovations and optimizations come and go over the years. We’ve rounded up 50 leading customer experience management tools to help you discover the best tools to manage and improve the customer experience from end to end. The tools featured in this list are among the best for streamlining customer-facing processes, with specialized tools designed to handle certain facets of the customer experience. Read on to learn more about the importance of customer experience and the many tools that exist to manage it efficiently.
Why Customer Experience is So Important
A great customer experience keeps customer coming back for more, allowing brands to benefit from their customers’ loyalty through repeat business for years to come. However, improving the overall customer experience encourages an equally powerful, yet different result in their behavior – advocacy.
As customers become accustomed to doing business with a company they trust and that satisfies their needs, their familiarity with the brand makes recommending it to others second nature to them. In this way, your most satisfied, loyal customers can strengthen your brand’s market base through word-of-mouth marketing.
Taking aim at your business’s customer experience allows you to effectively adjust important processes to better serve your customers across the board. The many tools covered below can help you do that by simplifying data-heavy processes, providing interaction portals through which your customers can make themselves heard, and much more.
Voice of the Customer Tools
With Clarabridge’s VoC solutions, companies can parse both text and speech to gain useful insights into all of their customer interactions.
- Capture interactions across mediums and channels
- AI-enhanced analysis
- Integrations for daily operations
- Simplified engagement processes
Qualtrics offers a seamless solution called Qualtrics CustomerXM that allows companies to listen in on all customer interactions across multiple channels and analyze them efficiently.
- Capture real-time feedback
- Leverage predictive intelligence capabilities
- Integrate smoothly with multiple teams
- Robust security features and access control options
Feedier makes it possible to encourage customer feedback with games and parse collected data into actionable stories for teams to leverage.
- Gamified feedback forms
- Automated feedback and real-time customer journey tracking
- Simplified, one-click team integration
WebEngage offers powerful multichannel marketing tools to dig into customer interactions wherever they happen and produce useful and actionable insights for sales and service teams.
- Real-time insights
- Easy channel comparison dashboards
- Funnel designing tools
With Hotjar, companies can track user interaction in detail across their website using a number of sophisticated surveying, measuring, and recording tools.
- Leverage website heatmaps
- GDPR and CCPA compliance
- Out of the box functionality for a wide variety of content management systems
- User session recordings
SurveyMonkey makes it easy to issue surveys to customers and measure feedback with powerful analysis options.
- Quickly and easily export results
- Gather feedback across multiple channels
- Create surveys, polls, and quizzes
CrowdSignal simplifies the process of crafting and deploying surveys with a drag and drop interface as well as exportable results.
- Polls can be placed anywhere online and in email
- Multi-language support is available
- Simple survey crafting interface
Google Forms give companies access to shareable forms that integrate smoothly with the wider collection of tools offered as Google’s G Suite.
- Multiple question formats and adaptive color schemes
- Advanced form features such as branching pages and embedded question logic
- Features can be expanded further with G Suite
InMoment makes sense of unstructured customer feedback, allowing brands to simplify their surveying approach. Customer concerns can be prioritized by multiple criteria and explored in full for deeper insights.
- Full-featured dashboards and reports
- Trend analysis features
- Brand perception monitoring
Speech Analytics Tools
CallMiner offers AI-enhanced solutions for customer interaction analysis, including speech analytics tools for real-time coaching and sentiment detection.
- Real-time REST-based API for transcribed data and more
- Threaded discussions
- Automatic sensitive data redaction and PCI/PII/HIPAA compliance
ExecVision enables the extraction of useful data from all customer conversations by capturing and parsing voice interactions with AI.
- Automated real-time alerts based on needs
- Closed-loop reporting on coaching effectiveness for team members
- Flagging keywords automatically in conversations – even profanity – to better understand customer responses
Observe.AI offers deeply integrated call analytics with an emphasis on quality assurance approaches. Transcriptions can be automated with this tool set, as can agent coaching and natural language processing in real-time.
- Pull highlights and insights from calls quickly
- Timestamped transcripts
- Integrates with manual coaching efforts for personnel smoothly
Calabrio ONE offers intelligent insight gathering for all of your customer interactions built into a comprehensive workforce optimization suite.
- Additional voice of the customer analytics tools
- Call recording coupled with speech-to-text
- Phonetics-powered speech analytics
This managed cloud-based speech analytics service assists organizations by parsing call conversation into more actionable formats – complete with scores, transcription, and emotion assessments.
- Clear interaction monitoring
- Smooth integration with a wide variety of tech stacks
- Industry-specific options available
Predictive Analysis Tools
This tool leads the customer intelligence pack with a unique combination of text and sentiment analysis leveraged through predictive analytics techniques.
- Fast data visualization
- Zero-code approach
- Data modeling automation
Infer allows companies to assess both in-house data and signals from all over the internet, yielding actionable insights for more effective marketing interactions with their customers.
- Omnichannel capabilities
- Live API connection for real-time automation
- Matrix-based sales action-plan generation
This tool gleans insights from existing customer data and real-time interactions for use in modeling sales approaches. AI-enhanced monitoring functionality allows for customer behavior to be acted on before it transpires.
- Cloud-based service and platform
- Tailored to sales and marketing teams
- Custom recommendations for team members
- Lead categorization by conversion likelihood
Customer Relationship Management Tools
Infor consolidates all of your team’s customer interaction data, allowing for calls, meetings, forecasts, and more to be tracked automatically across touchpoints.
- Full control over all data
- Out of the box ERP integration
This full-featured CRM allows for customers of all types to be accommodated more effectively by leveraging custom workflows, tracking past activity, and follow-ups, etc.
- Notes and activity tracking tools
- Simple document management utilities
- Customer ticketing and self-service portal options
This CRM is tailored for use by teams who already leverage G Suite and/or Office 365, providing automated setup and unified contact data among many other features to simplify customer interactions.
- Unified interaction history and customer records
- Follow-up reminders
- Calendar integration for clear customer interaction planning
Maximizer CRM helps businesses improve their customer experience through unified case management modules, automatically populated internal knowledge bases, and more.
- Both cloud-based and self-hosted options available
- Important information is presented neatly on a single dashboard
- All contacts, notes, and important documents are stored and easy to retrieve
Domo makes customer relationship management easier by providing tools to facilitate customer service data visualization across multiple data sets.
- Real-time, dynamic visualizations of tracked data
- Data source collaboration for consolidated customer interactions
- Predictive AI integrations are available
Really Simple Systems allows companies to take control of their customer relationship management processes by leveraging modules tailored for sales, marketing, and customer service use cases.
- Customer interactions and follow-up tracking
- Workload organization tools
- Marketing campaign monitoring options
This CRM allows businesses to tap into all existing operational data, delivering actionable insights at scale for use in sales, marketing, and customer service processes as needed.
- On-premises, self-hosted, and cloud-based options available
- Workflow-based dashboard designs
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook
This powerful tool gives organizations the means for managing communication with end users through real-time updates. Updates are presented as they are produced and shown to users on a publicly accessible webpage.
- Automated support emails and messages can be configured
- Service status can be displayed publicly by component
- Uptime reports can be used for promotion and to enhance customer loyalty
Knowledge Management and Self-Service Tools
This tool gives your company the opportunity to divert customers in need of assistance away from live agents whenever they can be better served by AI.
- Predictive Q&A for smart self-service support
- Uses live agent routing to back up self-service portals
- Self-learning makes gaps in available content readily apparent
Guru captures information from your team members and organizes it in real-time to create a consolidated knowledge base that can help in tracking down causes for customer complaints, service issues, and more.
- Integrates with a wide variety of tools and platforms
- Knowledge base frameworks available for quick deployment
- Real-time tips and suggestions for service rep coaching
Bloomfire brings all of your company’s information into a single space, allowing each of your team members to benefit from it and align their efforts more effectively.
- Scarlet AI enhances search functions by documenting and categorizing content automatically
- Embedded version control options for content management
- Designed for elegant scalability
This self-service knowledge base tool makes it easy to produce a fully stocked information portal for your customers by providing structure, etc. for information organization and presentation.
- Feedback capturing functionality
- Roles and access control options
- Powerful search function
Notion makes it possible for your team members to collaborate on customer interactions quickly and efficiently with shared planning tools and more.
- Note organizing utilities
- Wide variety of out of the box integrations available
- Easy and intuitive to use
This knowledge management system allows companies to keep internal teams up to date with relevant knowledge without sacrificing compliance or staff engagement.
- Embedded “Rocket” answer bot
- Real-time process guidance for service reps
- Version control for all stored information
This solution offers two-way texting services tailored for use by teams in the manufacturing and heavy equipment space. Both email and SMS are supported, and branded landing pages can be created on the fly.
- Signature capture, digital payments, and mobile estimate approvals
- Status updates in real-time
- Consolidated communications history
This tool serves as a virtual companion for sales team members whenever they interact with leads, allowing them to document their encounters and save takeaways for later reference.
- Lead categorization
- Integrates with Amazon and IBM cloud services for consolidated data access
- Generates personalized sales dashboards
LiveAgent is designed to help support and customer service reps interact seamlessly with customers wherever they may be.
- Real-time customer chat tools
- Social media integration
- Custom contact form crafting tools
CloudTalk offers an enterprise-grade business phone solution that makes it possible to run a virtual call center from anywhere in the world. This system is flexible, allowing companies of all sizes to make use of it as needed.
- Native integrations with most popular CRMs
- Call tracking and recording tools available
- Designed to accommodate remote workers as well
Avochato provides 2-way texting functionality and phone call services for businesses to use in customer interactions, allowing support personnel to consolidate their text, chat, and voice conversations in a single app.
- SOC 2 Type II Certified security standards
- Multiple integrations available out of the box
- Consolidated inbox for smoother routing
LiveChat connects customers with support reps across multiple channels, keeping both parties in the loop as interactions progress.
- AI chatbots available
- Omnichannel support includes WhatsApp, Messenger, email, and more
- Sales and goal tracking tools available
Zoho Desk makes context-relevant support possible for organizations of all sizes by providing self-service modules and consolidated views for interaction information, among many other things.
- Compatible with a wide range of software solutions
- Supports many different communication channels
- Highlights important trends and behavioral patterns for informed improvement
Freshdesk allows companies to streamline their customer interactions by consolidating them and automating repetitive tasks intelligently wherever possible.
- Omnichannel support out of the box
- Intelligent bots available
- Offers self-service portals
Acquire offers businesses high-quality live chat functionality for sales and customer support, allowing your team to stay connected with customers while pre-qualifying leads and more.
- Chatbots available to automate work
- Video, voice, text, and even cobrowsing functionality included
- Self-service tools for customers
Intercom’s conversational relationship platform makes it possible for organizations to construct a customer-retaining interaction experience using bots, chat, interactive apps, and more.
- Self-service tools
- Ticket management options for better issue handling
- Integrates smoothly with Salesforce and Zendesk suites
Casengo offers comprehensive, yet flexible customer service software that allows organizations to manage customer interactions across channels easily.
- Compatible with Instagram, WhatsApp, and more
- A powerful chatbot is available to lessen live agents’ workloads
- Shared team inbox
Zendesk empowers businesses with customer engagement software that is easy to use and immensely scalable.
- Social messaging works across multiple channels
- Related customer concerns can be created on the side to keep primary conversations on track
- Sales automation tools handle email and prospect selection smoothly
BirdEye makes it possible for your organization to leverage text interactions with customers to a much greater degree, harnessing opportunities to acquire positive public reviews, new leads, and more.
- Consolidated communication inbox clears up interaction overhead
- Webchat tools help convert visitors to customers
- Simplified referral requests seamlessly encourage brand advocacy in every interaction
Dixa offers efficient customer service software to power your organization’s customer interactions. Omnichannel support makes this a great choice for companies looking to simplify and unify interactions across the board.
- Prioritized interaction management dashboards
- Real-time customer data accessibility helps agents get more done in less time
- Unify your customer experience in a single screen
Kayako provides help desk software for companies to take control of their customer support interactions with impressive out of the box capabilities.
- Both self-hosted and cloud-based options available
- Live chat software is included
- Customer journeys are fully documented and clearly displayed in real-time as interactions unfold
Podium offers customer review software and powerful messaging tools for businesses. A single, consolidated inbox makes interactions easy to follow up on and document.
- Simplified public review linking for easier brand advocacy encouragement
- Omnichannel chat solution integrates very well with SMS
- Payment functionality makes notifying customers of invoices due much easier
Drift enhances customer interactions with a special conversational AI approach that intelligently fields questions and converts leads.
- Powerful chatbot
- Custom messaging can be aligned with current campaigns and business goals
- Email management, sales videos, and more
Olark offers comprehensive live chat software combined with powerful data analysis tools to provide companies with a deeper understanding of their customers’ needs.
- Real-time chat system
- Customer data can be stored in Olark or a CRM of your choice
- Contextual assistance and message triggers to jump-start interactions
Helpshift provides businesses with a full-featured digital customer service platform that can be used to automate important processes and consolidate interactions across multiple channels.
- A visual bot builder allows automation to be implemented across the customer journey
- Ticketing and support tools for issue management
- Self-service implements make customer service less volume-heavy
Tackling issues with customer experience management requires creativity and the right resources to streamline critical processes. The tools covered above make it possible for organizations of all sizes to seize control of their customer interactions, while minimizing operational overhead.