Customer experience includes so much more than a single interaction or impression; it involves a range of interactions and experiences throughout the lifetime of a customer relationship, from the first awareness of your brand to post-purchase support experiences. Customers today interact with brands through a diverse set of channels that includes messaging services, social media platforms, websites, mobile apps, in-person visits, emails, and more.
Today’s multi-dimensional customer experience requires ever-more sophisticated tools and solutions to support effective customer experience management. To influence the customer experience, you need to be able to understand the whole picture.
We’ve previously shared lists of the best customer experience management tools and customer experience management software that can add value to your customer experience management systems and processes. Here, we have focused on exploring complete platforms and solutions that can paint a full picture of the customer journey and critical engagement metrics. The 50 customer experience solutions below are grouped by the following categories:
Customer Communication Platforms
Braze is a complete customer engagement platform that features an interactive customer journey builder. Users can drag and drop important customer interaction steps into a visual timeline and optimize an entire marketing campaign. Additional features of the program include real-time communication updates, numerous third-party integrations, and a data streaming tool.
- A built-in visual customer journey tool called Canvas
- AI-powered campaign suggestions
- Cross-channel personalization
The Front customer communication app gives an entire team access to customer emails and app conversations in a single view. There are workflow tools for managing a shared inbox, team collaboration, and customer experience. The analytics tab can be used to measure performance indicators related to customer conversations and team member interactions.
- Develop customized workflows
- Automated message routing
- Create email templates for standard responses
- Genesys Engage
Genesys Engage is an omnichannel contact center and customer experience platform. In addition to standard contact center tools such as campaign management and predictive routing, Engage also includes capabilities for managing all voice and digital channels. This platform supports voicebots and chatbots to create a connected and highly automated engagement environment.
- Skill and cost-based conversation routing
- Speech-enabled IVR
- Predictive engagement recommendations
The HubSpot Service Hub is a comprehensive customer service management software platform. This offering easily connects to the HubSpot CRM and adds additional features for managing customer surveys, a knowledge base, and individual conversations. A free version of the Service Hub gives you access to basic tools, and there are three paid plans with additional features.
- Create tickets from emails and chats
- Automated conversation routing
- Share and track customer feedback surveys
Kustomer is a customer service CRM that includes a variety of communication tools. The automation features use AI to simplify conversations and help your team deliver responses quickly. Your team members can easily view the entire communication history for a customer in a single view and set up automated responses for basic questions.
- A centralized view for all customer conversations
- Automated routing for remote teams
- Instagram messaging integration
Napersoft is a unique customer communications management platform that aims to completely change the way you create and distribute content. Instead of simply writing and rewriting documents in a word processing application, Napersoft gives you templates and new workflows to automate the creation process. You can also easily distribute content to any of your chosen platforms.
- Supports print, email, fax, text, mobile, and web distribution
- A centralized document archive
- Microsoft Word-based document templates
- Topdown Intouch
Topdown Intouch offers a complete set of tools for managing customer communications and is available as a cloud-based solution. With the cloud deployment, costs are significantly reduced versus traditional CCMs. The software also includes a microservices-based structure that gives you quick and easy access to all the important features from a single interface.
- A context-sensitive user interface
- Drag-and-drop content creation tools
- A cloud-based, hosted SaaS solution
Customer Collaboration Platforms
- Axero Communifire
Axero Communifire is a social business platform and customer collaboration software with integrated communication tools. Users can easily connect social and productivity apps to Communifire and manage them from the centralized interface. This platform also has built-in collaboration tools that can be used by staff and customers to collaborate on content through the various stages of your projects.
- Content and collaboration tools
- Create company Wiki pages
- Customizable content permissions
Bitrix24 is a complete communication platform that combines CCM, CRM, and contact center capabilities into a single solution. With hundreds of tools available from within Bitrix24, you can develop all aspects of your customer experience in a streamlined way. You can access a basic version of the software by registering, and paid plans are available with additional features.
- Integrated chats and video calls
- Apps available for mobile and desktop
- Support for online stores
Bulbshare is an audience collaboration and market intelligence tool that has been optimized for mobile content. This platform is designed like an Instagram-style feed and allows you to create a brand page and engage with your audience. Invite your community to join your page, and from there you can share surveys, content, and messages directly with your customers.
- Quickly identify influencers and early adopters
- Access and promote customer-generated content
- Real-time customer insights using AI
Helpcrunch includes live chat in their customer communication platform for a complete and responsive package. You can customize the look and feel of the chat window and include avatars for your agents. It is also possible to create automated marketing campaigns that use behavior-based logic to improve customer engagement with offers and calls to action.
- Auto messages and forms
- An integrated knowledge base
- Interactive email newsletters
The Moxtra customer collaboration platform centers around the OneStop Customer Portal. This portal gives your customers access to interactive tools for self-service, messaging, and a truly one-stop service experience. Your customers can access the portal through an extension on your existing website, a dedicated web portal, or standalone mobile app.
- Document collaboration and digital signatures
- Secure chat management
- Video messaging and screen sharing
Totango is an all-in-one customer success platform that includes an excellent selection of customer journey templates. To create a complete customer journey, you can first choose from individual modules such as onboarding and adoption. From there, the software allows you to connect these components and integrate custom processes that are tailored to your needs.
- Powered by DNA-CX
- Customer value metrics
- Integrations with many popular tools
Customer Experience Tools
The AskNicely customer experience platform centralizes all your customer feedback and interactions. When customer reviews are received, they are analyzed based on an NPS framework to give you measurable insights. It is easy to share feedback directly with your team members and use the information to improve performance and responsiveness.
- Provides customer feedback directly to your team
- Automatically collect feedback via email, text, or web surveys
- View visual scorecards of key customer experience data
Medallia is a comprehensive employee and customer experience platform that provides a complete view of your customer relationships. The 360-degree dashboard displays important metrics such as overall satisfaction, customer effort, and CSR satisfaction. With integrated AI tools, Medallia will also suggest improvements based upon the actual customer data that is received.
- Tracking of customer retention metrics
- Robust APIs and ATLs
- Real-time customer notifications
NICE Satmetrix customer experience software has detailed visuals to help you understand your entire customer experience program. The primary dashboard tracks the progress of your customer experience themes over time so you can identify potential issues. Automation tools help you quickly assign tasks to team members and the comprehensive reporting features make it easy to share insights with your entire team.
- Measure direct and indirect feedback
- Extensive admin tools
- Real-time, dynamic customer data
Oracle CX Service is part of the overall Oracle Cloud CX and is offered as a complete solution for businesses of all types. The program supports monitoring for both remote and in-person customer interactions and centralizes all your important data in one location. This software also has some excellent tools for field service teams, such as tracking for on-time arrivals and field worker productivity.
- Supports B2B, B2C, and field service teams
- Helps balance self-service and assisted service offerings
- Optimized for delivering personalized interactions
Reflektion uses AI and personalization tools to help you create an immersive customer experience. One of the unique capabilities of this program is the ability to recognize customer purchase intent in real-time. This data can help your marketing and support teams leverage your best content and improve your ability to influence purchasing decisions.
- A scalable and modular software architecture
- Integrated product intelligence and machine learning
- E-commerce personalization tools
Sprinklr CXM is a complete customer experience management platform that can connect to 23 social media channels and 11 messaging apps. The core CXM capabilities can be further expanded with five additional modules that offer specific tools for activities such as marketing and research. The AI-powered social listening and analysis tool has been recognized as a leading technology for uncovering new customer insights.
- Complete customer data management
- Separate workspaces for individual teams
- Leverages AI to provide actionable insights
Customer Feedback Tools
Canny is a customer feedback management tool for collecting and analyzing all your product, experience, and satisfaction data. Canny enables companies to improve product development by connecting customer feedback to product-based decisions. The platform also makes easy to engage directly with customers and share announcements or requests at any time.
- User segmentation and advanced filtering
- A detailed roadmap tool for tracking action items
- Automatically send status updates through email
CheckMarket is a powerful survey platform that can collect feedback from customers, employees, and product testers. When creating a survey, you can design questions in a way to collect insights for specific aspects of the customer experience. Distribution of your survey content is easy, and CheckMarket supports over five different types of platforms such as email, SMS, and social media.
- A powerful report builder
- User-friendly survey design tool
- An API and integrations are available
Delighted is a customer feedback tool that is designed around the Net Promoter Score (NPS). This program has an incredibly simple workflow that asks customers to answer a single question. Their responses are captured in the centralized dashboard, and you can then explore the data to gather real-time insights about your performance.
- Receive real-time customer feedback
- Share surveys through email, text, or a custom link
- Support for 37 languages
Pendo was created to help product teams manage all aspects of product experience and the customer journey. For SaaS companies and those selling digital products, you can integrate in-app walkthroughs to improve the customer onboarding experience. It is also easy to create and share surveys to collect additional insights that can be used to improve product roadmaps.
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- Create product and strategic roadmaps
- Design in-app walkthroughs
Reputation is a leading reputation experience management (RXM) platform with tools for managing reviews, engaging customers on social media, collecting and analyzing customer feedback, and more. The central metric inside Reputation is the Reputation Score X, which incorporates all components of the customer journey. Additional tools are available for managing business listings, directories, and ticket management.
- Communicate directly on social media
- Share interactive customer surveys
- Manage reviews and business listings
SurveySparrow is an omnichannel customer experience management platform with over seven ways to share content. The software collects data and responses from each channel and gives you a complete 360-degree view of your performance. By tracking important scores such as NPS and customer sentiment, you can measure the true impact of your marketing and engagement efforts.
- Supports single sign-on (SSO)
- Multi-language surveys
- Offline data collection
Usabilla focuses on customer experience by collecting feedback from all sources in a single location. This software was released by SurveyMonkey for the purpose of interpreting customer feedback so that products can be improved. You can also integrate Usabilla with your website and use the data to improve engagement, usability, and conversion.
- Analysis of content performance
- Collect in-app feedback
- Integration with popular apps like Salesforce and Slack
UserTesting is a human insight platform that collects real-time feedback from your audience. A four-step process helps you understand all aspects of customer interaction, including targeting, engagement, discovery, and sharing. This is an excellent option for development teams looking for quick feedback on their apps, websites, or other digital products.
- Conversation transcripts and notes
- Enterprise grade data encryption
- Integrations and plugins for third-party tools
Customer Insight Tools
Acoustic Analytics helps optimize your customer experience by collecting analytics from across your online and offline channels. The visual customer journey report is an excellent summary of how your customers are progressing through your marketing funnel. Users can also view session replays for individual customer visits to determine how and why they interacted with your content in a certain way.
- View digital and customer journey analytics
- Session replays and raw data from visits
- Create custom tags and metrics
Clicktale is a digital experience analytics tool that provides insights into customer behavior. Using machine learning and AI, the software analyzes data by creating practical visualizations so you can quickly see the takeaways that matter. This is a great option for companies of all sizes, and Clicktale can also be scaled to meet the needs of large enterprises.
- Role-based workspaces
- Data-rich visualizations
- Integrations with over 50 platforms
FullStory is a digital experience analytics tool that helps you optimize your websites and applications. Designed for digital product teams, FullStory collects data from all departments and helps facilitate conversations between them. From executive summaries to customized KPI reports, you can track all your important metrics in a single platform.
- Easily share sessions between teams
- Automated alerts for major events
- A completely open API
The Pega Infinity CRM is part of their Digital Transformation Suite and focuses on improving the quality of your customer journey. With features such as end-to-end automation and real-time AI, the software can really add value to your analysis by uncovering additional insights. For example, Pega can interpret individual conversations and provide suggested actions in real-time.
- A Next-Best-Action Designer
- Personalized messages using AI
- Agent assistance with real-time feedback
Quadient has introduced the Customer Journey Explorer to deliver real-time customer experience improvements. After connecting communication platforms, users can then design detailed experience maps using a drag-and-drop interface. These maps help align your entire organization with complete visibility of the entire process.
- A complete visual map of the customer journey
- Monitor digital and physical touchpoints
- Collaboration tools for internal alignment
UserZoom helps simplify user experience measurement, interpretation, and iteration. By focusing on quick design iteration, companies can quickly optimize their UX performance and create products that are truly immersive. A UserZoom Go module is available for conducting moderated interviews or unmoderated usability testing sessions.
- Quick design iteration
- Extensive metrics and reporting tools
- Recruit an unlimited number of users
Customer Loyalty Programs
Annex Cloud is customer loyalty software with all the tools you need to create and manage a customer loyalty program. This program helps direct your customers to specific actions that can also benefit your organization and lead to greater sales and retention over time. Annex Cloud supports omnichannel marketing and can be customized to meet the unique needs of your program and marketing goals.
- Influence customer behavior with measurable rewards
- Develop multi-tier membership programs
- Integrations with ESP and e-commerce platforms
With Giftbit, you can add value to your customer loyalty program by sending digital gift cards directly to customers. Using digital gift cards can simplify your reward offerings and make it easier to support a larger audience. You can also integrate Giftbit within an app so your customers can process in-app gift card redemptions.
- Send batch gift card rewards
- Fully customize your gift card offers
- An API is available
Goody is loyalty program software that also includes CRM and marketing management capabilities. The marketing automation tool can be used to deliver customized offers directly to a customer based upon their past purchasing history. Many of the features help you grow and scale your product offering more quickly, and you can also collect feedback from customers at the time of transaction.
- Replace paper cards with a digital experience
- Send automated coupons and marketing emails
- Track data at a store or customer level
Kangaroo Rewards is a customer loyalty and marketing platform that aims to create an immersive experience for your staff and customers. After logging in, you can view how many customers are interacting with Kangaroo at any given time and how many points have been redeemed. With a simple points-based system, you can create your own loyalty program quickly and at a reasonable cost.
- Personalized program branding
- Use a quick-scanning feature at point-of-sale
- Use geo-location to attract nearby customers
TapMango is a comprehensive customer loyalty management program that supports online and mobile ordering. Providing your customers with direct online ordering makes it easier for them to request products while also tracking their rewards. You can set up your entire program in about 30 minutes and completely customize the branding and design.
- A marketing portal for managing your program
- Create a unique, branded mobile app
- Integrations with top e-commerce and POS platforms
Zinrelo is loyalty marketing and program management software that tracks loyalty on several levels. This allows your company to provide rewards based on unique customer interactions such as behaviors, referrals, and transactions. You can also easily manage promotions and targeted offers from within the software for a complete customer experience.
- Omnichannel support
- Multiple languages and currencies
- An API-first platform
Customer Success Software
Amity is a customer success platform designed to reduce churn and improve the quality of customer interactions. Key features of the software include a unified view of all customer data, customizable business rules, and automation for important processes. Amity can also collect all customer interactions in a single database so you can manage important conversations from one location.
- Complete engagement tracking
- A calculated relationship health score for each customer
- Integrations with over 40 third-party platforms
ChurnZero is designed for customer success teams who seek to drastically improve their customer engagement. This product is optimized for SaaS companies and includes an entire suite of tools, including support for customer segmentation, customer journeys, and detailed walkthroughs. Your team can also develop automated playbooks to achieve maximum efficiency in your customer-first processes.
- Define long-term customer journeys
- Multi-step walkthroughs and product tours
- Track key metrics such as CSAT, NPS, and CES
ClientSuccess is a complete customer success package that can help deliver improved customer retention and strong business growth. The system has a unique four-step process for defining your customer journey that includes onboarding, adoption, renewing, and growing. With easy to digest visual charts and advanced reporting, it’s easy to keep track of all aspects of your business.
- Centralized management for all customer engagements
- A unique SuccessScore for each customer or segment
- View and share customer updates in real-time
Custify was created to help SaaS companies develop their customer relationships. As a complete customer success platform, Custify has all the tools you need to manage key accounts and develop your customer lifecycle. Users can access a complete 360-degree view of the activity for each customer along with important KPIs that measure customer health.
- Automatically create and assign tasks
- Workflow automation
- Integrations with many popular tools
- Gainsight CS
Gainsight CS is a customer success software solution that allows you to create unique layouts for different types of customers or system users. One of the best features of Gainsight CS is the scorecard view that contains quantitative ratings for essential customer attributes such as engagement, ROI, and sentiment.
- Quantitative scores for customer health
- View a customer’s entire communication history
- Develop customized playbooks for team
Skilljar is a customer training platform that enables companies to onboard and engage customers at scale to accelerate product adoption, improve the customer experience, and boost satisfaction and retention. With Skilljar, companies can create specialized learning paths for different customer or user groups to target education offerings to specific needs.
- Measure business impact and track learner performance
- Flexible authoring tools to offer multiple content types
- Built-in assessment and certifications engine
Content Management Systems
The Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is a complete content management platform that includes tools for website building, app development, and the creation of customer forms. The software is optimized for building digital experiences and publishing interactive content. An Assets Brand Portal can be used for managing marketing campaigns, including collaborations with other agencies and partners.
- Compatible with many other Adobe products
- Support for websites and mobile applications
- Access to third-party AEM Connectors
is an API-first content platform that serves as a central location for managing all your marketing and outreach activities. With omnichannel support for multiple platforms, Contentful can be used to create truly immersive digital experiences.
- Channel-agnostic editing
- Advanced caching techniques for fast load times
- Integrations with hundreds of third-party tools
Crownpeak is a cloud-native digital experience platform for managing web content. With excellent page load speeds and several optimization tools, you can use this software to completely overhaul your digital content. This program also has excellent security features for improving the quality and reliability of your content infrastructure.
- Support for multi-lingual sites
- Customer experience optimization tools
- Built-in headless SDKs
Drupal is a popular open-source CMS created for web developers, marketers, and agencies. This software features database encryption, built-in performance enhancements, and bulk data management. The content management workflow is intuitive and helps team members create, edit, and share content across any channel.
- Marketing automation tools
- Multilingual support
- Audience customization and targeting
Magnolia is a flexible CMS designed to grow and scale with the needs of your business. Users can customize many of the software settings to meet their team’s unique needs. Additional features of Magnolia include A/B testing, automatic experience assembly, and complete marketing campaign tracking.
- Omnichannel content delivery
- Single-page apps editing
- One-click content publishing